Art Basel Event: The Art of Looting
What happens to looted art after a regime is ousted? How do the owners go about recovering their losses? What is the role of museums and art collectors in the battle? Discover the often controversial answers to these questions and more at a special panel co-presented with Mastrapa Consultants discussion with world renowned experts in the field. This program complements the museum's Posters from the Hans Sachs Collection exhibit, on display through December 15.
- Ulf Bischof, Bischof & Paetow
- Henry Hacker, Attorney and Poster Collector & Enthusiast
- Christopher A. Marinello, Executive Director of the Art Loss Register
The program features two events: brunch & meet the speakers, followed by a panel discussion.
- Brunch & Meet the Speakers (11:30 a.m. – 1 p.m.)
- $40 museum members
- $50 non-members
- $25 students (with valid ID)
- Panel Discussion Only (1 p.m. – 3 p.m.)
- $18 museum members
- $25 non-members
- $10 students (with valid ID)
Click here to buy tickets now! This event has a limited number of tickets available. Please note, purchasing a ticket to the Brunch & Meet the Speakers event will ALSO give you access to the panel discussion. You do NOT need to purchase tickets to both. If you wish to only attend the panel discussion, please select "Panel Discussion Only" when purchasing your ticket.
The event will take place on Sunday, December 1 at Jewish Museum of Florida-FIU, 301 Washington Avenue, Miami Beach.